So the last couple of days i have been a little stressed out. I am having a really hard time with my children not listening. They know what they are and are not allowed to do and they are doing things just to cause trouble. They just laugh at me when i tell them no. I feel like my children are out of control. I am the only one that has dealt with this problem?? they will look right at me and do the exact thing they aren't supposed to. And not matter what punishment they receive they do not care. I feel like all i do all day is tell them "no,no,no" which makes it out to not be a very good day. So i have tried getting them out of the house. But then I get embarrassed because they don't listen to me and people are watching and i don't know what to do. Marquis always wants to walk when we go to stores or where ever, but then he runs off and i have to chase him down. And i hate that. It scares me! It only takes a second for someone to grab him, i try and explain to him but he just doesn't get it. Does anyone have any suggestions?? I feel like i am going to lose my mind!!!
6 comments:
I dont have any suggestions but just wanted to say that that is one CUTE picture.
yeah good luck, I am not there yet, well kind of Carson will look at me shake his head no and keep doing the thing he isn't suppose to do but lets face it he's one and has no impulse control. They are both so cute. Hope it ends soon:)
Don't be stressed. The trick is to stay consistent. No matter where you are or what you are doing you will stop them and punish them. The hardest part is finding a punishment that they really hate. Isn't being a mother so much fun. Well, hope that helps. There is no sure fire way but that works for me.
Stay consistent is right and always do what you say. If you say you'll turn around and go home do it. If you say you'll not give them something, don't. Also, sometimes instead of no, you can give them choices. Then they have to choose one and you stick with it. It's hard, but it's worth a try. Also, instead of NO try something like , "You're not to do that" or "That is okay."
That's the Childcare Center director in me speaking.
:)
And sometimes when they think they've got you, you just have to turn around and walk away...that used to get Katie so mad and then she'd stop.
Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions. Sophie is just starting to disobey. (She will even say "no-no" as she is doing something I have already told her not to do.) Good luck, though!
Post a Comment